Wednesday, April 1, 2009

TAPS TO THE SOUL



Reviewer: Brenda Talley (The Romance Studio)
Five Hearts: "I am a fan of Ms. Mendoza’s writing. This book, however, was above and beyond my expectations. The plot was so different from anything I imagined a novel about captivity in Iraq would be. These two characters were brilliantly developed. The way she wrote made me feel as if I was there with them. Her secondary characters were well written and made the storyline multidimensional. The faith in God and the scripture quoted would not be offensive to anyone. It’s obvious that Mendoza knows of which she speaks.

I was totally surprised at the way this book progressed. I loved the book—from Star’s hippy family to Wes’s career military dad. Their friends were supportive and made the calamities comical if not for the seriousness of the debacle.

I highly recommend this book to anyone. It’s a great romance without the sex found in many books. It’s one you can let your daughter read." For Full review, go HERE.

Reviewer: Lily (Long & Short of It Reviews)
Four Books: "Ms. Mendoza did her research. Anyone having served in the military will be proud of the way she reveals the hardships as well as the joys of military life. Her ability to show spiritual growth in her characters without preaching and their desire to trust in God even in unlikely circumstances indicates a natural knack for faith-filled storytelling at its best. I am anxious to dig into another book by this author and I recommend it highly." For Full Review, go HERE.

Reviewer: Diana Coyle (Night Owl Romance)
Four Stars: "Ms. Mendoza is such a talented writer and every book I read of hers is just a magnificent story. She develops intriguing storylines and creates interesting and well rounded characters that you just can’t help but fall in love with. This story definitely made my heart pound in my chest and I couldn’t help but feel fear stricken when Star was taken captive. I was desperately hoping that both Star and Wesley would make it out alive. I found myself fearing for both of their lives. Ms. Mendoza brings to the forefront the real life scenarios that our soldiers face as they are defending our country. She did a wonderful job telling this story and I would highly recommend it to other readers." For full review, go HERE.

Reviewer: Lynn (ReviewYourBook.com)

Four Stars:
"An amazing story and will keep you wondering right to the end." For full review go HERE.

Reviewer: Lynn (Good Reads)
Five Stars: "This is a amazing story and will keep you wondering right to the end. God has a plan for everyone and when he has it in place you will soon find out there will be no changing it. We all need to remember our troops that go to Iraq and fight daily and think that any of them could be a Star or a Wes. Beautiful Story that would make a terrific movie." For full review go HERE.

Reviewer: D.B. Snow (Novel Editions)
Five Stars: "Taps to the Soul is a heartwarming story of love and loss, of how blind we all can be to what’s right in front of us. Star and Wes epitomize the hearts of the men and women who serve, willing to give their all in service to their country. Their heartfelt prayers leave us with the eternal hope that by the grace of God, love will triumph over all. It was a wonderful read! I look forward to checking out her other stories." For review, go HERE.

No comments: